Concealed Handgun Permits
Applications for concealed handgun permits can be downloaded here.
- Please use a typewriter (or print in black ink) and complete the application in full.
- Proof of Competency is required.
- You must apply in the city/county where you reside.
- Bring the completed application to the Norfolk Circuit Clerk’s Office along with the fee. ($50.00)
- There will be NO REFUNDS.
- The total amount of time for your permit to be completed is approximately forty-five (45) days.
- Upon completion and issuance of the concealed carry permit, you may either come into the Clerk’s Office to pick it up, or we can mail it to the address on the application.
- If your permit is denied, you will be notified by mail.
Your permit will be printed on a credit card size plastic card. You must sign the back of the card for the permit to be valid.
Additional information and requirements can be found on the Virginia State Police Website.