Freedom of Information Act - Important Information
In accordance with Virginia Code section 2.2-3704.1 and 2.2-3704.2 the following information is provided:
Norfolk Circuit Court Clerk’s Office FOIA Officer: Thomas A. (Tom) Larson, Chief Deputy Clerk.
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone contact (757) 793-3506
The following documents are exempt from the requirements of FOIA under Virginia Code:
1. Juror and Grand Juror information
2. The records required by law to be maintained by the Clerk of the Circuit Court
3. Voter information
4. Personnel records
5. Computer software and source code
6. Account numbers, Social Security numbers, Juvenile information
7. Names and addresses of law enforcement officers
8. Concealed Weapons permit applications and licenses.
9. Victim identity information
10. Documents which have been sealed by court order.
This list is not all inclusive. The Freedom of Information Act and other code sections are consulted on all document requests to ensure compliance with the law.
“A public body may make reasonable charges not to exceed its actual cost incurred in accessing, duplicating, supplying, or searching for the requested records. All charges for the supplying of requested records shall be estimated in advance at the request of the citizen as set forth in subsection F of § 2.2-3704 of the Code of Virginia.”
All requests for documents should be requested through the Document Request system on this website. Click here.