NOTICE! NOTICE! NOTICE!
Information regarding precautions taken for the Corona Virus Pandemic
1. Governor Northam has declared a State of Emergency
2. Norfolk city management has closed all civic buildings to the public
In keeping with the city closure and to avoid confusion, the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is closed to the public for at least the next two weeks. The following information is provided:
1. Most civil matters can be filed using the Virginia Judicial Electronic Filing System provided you are an attorney in good standing with the Virginia State Bar. Pro Se filers and others can file documents via the US Postal Service.
2. Court costs and fines can be paid online using the Virginia Judiciary Online Payment System.
3. Land record transactions can be filed using the e-Recording systems (Simpli-file or CSC), US Postal Service or by appointment by calling (757) 793-3529.
4. Requests for documents can be made by using the Document Request system on our website.
5. Marriage License Application and Instructions
6. Concealed Weapons Permits Application Instructions
7. Probate Appointment Instructions